- Quad core CPU for lightning fast gaming
- Play your favourite Android games with true gaming controls (including Dead Trigger 2, Minecraft, Max Payne, Half Life and more)
- Capable of playing: PS1, MAME, Dreamcast, N64, NeoGeo, Atari, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, SEGA Master System, SEGA Mega Drive, CPS1, CPS2, Amiga, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and many more!
- Save your game progress (multiple times) and load from your preferred choice
- 7" screen with HDMI output - play at your convenience
- 8GB internal memory holds thousands of retro games
- Micro-Sd card slot for unlimited expansion of memory!
- Key remapping function allows you to use the game controls with Android touchscreen games
Thursday, 24 November 2016
FunstockRetro.co.u, Doncaster (24th, November, 2016)
The 'BLAZE Tab Plus' is the natural successor to the original 'BLAZE Tab'. It retains all the original functionality while featuring improved hardware and at the same price. Releasing in time for Christmas at just £99.99 the console will bring responsive gaming controls to your favourite android and retro games.
The console is a quad core high powered gaming tablet that can play even the most complex and processor heavy games and has been specially designed to work with both modern Android games (including Minecraft, Max Payne, Dead Trigger 2, Half Life and more) as well as classic retro games from Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, and MAME with no lag or frame-drop. There is also HDMI support so you can play all of these games via your TV. You also have full access to the Google Play Store for the likes of Netflix, Youtube, and much more!
General Manager of FunstockRetro.co.uk, Andy Pearson quoted:
"The BLAZE Tab was one of our most popular tablets that we helped develop for the community. We've worked hard on improving the performance and bringing a new design to the console itself (based on community feedback) while retaining the original £99.99 price tag is a great success"
The BLAZE Tab Plus features:
Wednesday, 16 November 2016
The 'Art of Atari Book' is a perfect gift to everyone who grew up with Atari. It's packed with beautiful high quality artwork from popular classic titles such as Pong, Breakout, Asteroids, Missile Command, Yar's Revenge, Defender, E.T, Centipede, Combat and more - all in a sturdy hardback book!
Sourced from private collections worldwide, this book spans over 40 years of the company's unique history through illustrations used in packaging, advertisements, catalogues and more. Co-written by Robert V. Conte and Tim Lapetino 'The Art of Atari' includes behind-the-scenes details on how dozens of games featured within were conceived of, illustrated, approved (or rejected), and brought to life!
General Manager of FunstockRetro.co.uk, Andy Pearson quoted:
"I have always been a huge fan of Atari and this book is breathtaking. It's absolutely PACKED with content (over 350 pages worth) and has been crafted with such care and attention it's instantly taken front and centre on my desk!"
Take a journey into Atari's history:
- Huge array of different content including artwork, original packaging, history, art & design, developer / artist interviews, coin-ops, home consoles, box artwork, industrial designs, analog process, prototypes, advertising and promotion and more!
- Packed with stunning imagery and information about classic Atari titles including Pong, Breakout, Asteroids, Missile Command, Yar's Revenge, Defender, E.T, Centipede, Combat, Indy 500, Video Olympics and many more!
- Retrospectives and interviews with key Atari staff including George Opperman, Cliff Spohn, Rick Guidice, Susan Jaekel, Steve Hendricks, Terry Hoff, Hiro Kimura, James Kelly, Warren Chang, Marc Ericksen, Evelyn Seto and more!
- Glorious breakdowns and retrospectives of each machine including the 2600, 5200, 7800, 400, 800, Lynx, Jaguar and many more!
- Stunning hardback format across 352 pages
- Forward by Ernest Cline (author of Ready Player One)
The 'Art of Atari' Book is in-stock and available to purchase at Europe's Number One Retro Gaming Destination, FunstockRetro.co.
uk now at just £34.99.
Friday, 4 November 2016
Washington D.C - November 3, 2016 - OverClocked Records and jazz fusion band Materia are thrilled to present New Game+, a soulful musical journey paying tribute to some of gaming's most beloved soundtracks. Featuring 23 musicians across ten tracks, New Game+ represents a massive achievement, bringing together jazz musicians from around the globe to perform and record an album in the oft forgotten jazz fusion tradition, including an epic 11+ minute arrangement from Chrono Trigger. New Game+ is fully licensed and available from OverClocked Records and other digital retailers:
The track listing for New Game+ Is as follows:
01. "Prelude" (Final Fantasy)
02. "Dash" (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
03. "Victory Fanfare" (Final Fantasy VII)
04. "Light Velocity" (Gran Turismo 3)
05. "Image of a Hero" (Phantasy Star Online)
06. "Esperanto" (Mega Man Zero 4)
07. "Great Fairy Fountain" (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
08. "Stronger Than You" (Steven Universe)
09. "Chrono Suite" (Chrono Trigger)
10. "Funkadelus" (Jazz Jackrabbit)
"New Game+ is an album whose scope and impetus came from our gut reaction to the faintest attention our band was beginning to receive at events like MAGFest," reflects Materia co-founder and musician Peter Kim. "And so the album is as much of a tribute to MAGFest and the people responsible for it as it is to the friends we've gained through its creation, and my hope is that the listening experience captures even just a bit of the magic that makes MAGFest the best convention in the world."
Materia was originally formed in early 2014 by Peter Kim, Julius Verzosa, Kevin Lin, and Kwesi Andoh as a creative outlet and performance vehicle. Based in the larger D.C. metropolitan area, the members met at MAGFest's Jam Clinic, improvising on themes from Chrono Trigger late into the early hours of the morning. Fueled by low key jams and Chipotle, they have a shared passion for videogame music, improvisation, jazz, and MAGFest.
Follow Materia on SoundCloud and Facebook
|About OverClocked Records|
OverClocked Records was created in 2014 with the goal of promoting and distributing exceptional, licensed game music arrangements and original soundtracks from the game music community. Founded as a sister site to OverClocked ReMix by David "djpretzel" Lloyd, Andrew "zircon" Aversa, and Larry "Liontamer" Oji, OC Records provides a platform to achieve the same goals as OC ReMix - honoring and promoting video game music - in a commercial context.
Learn more about OverClocked Records: http://
Tuesday, 1 November 2016
For anyone with a love for gaming why not try your hand at the beloved and iconic Retro Arcade Game Kit from The Fowndry. Take yourself back over 30 years and immerse yourself in the past, with this funky seventies feeling, enjoy the nostalgia of gaming. Currently retailing at £24.99 the electronic gaming set equips you with the tools and components to build your own pong style tennis machine. Fun for anyone over the age of 14, the kit runs on 3 AA batteries giving you 10 hours of gaming at a time. And once its built simply insert a coin to begin play. The perfect gift for anyone that enjoys self-assembly giving you the opportunity to practice your soldering skills and enhance your learning of circuits.
Gone are the days of handheld game consoles from the developments of technology and smart phones it has seen us way goodbye to this retro trend of the past. Time to put down the throws of modern life and get lost in the world of retro gaming to have fun without the need for looking at digital screens it really is something to get your teeth into. Play alone against the machine or challenge friends to battle to become the ultimate champion.
Simply follow the illustrative instructions to build the classic console with an array of 120 low tech led’s for any electronic whizz this DIY kit is a step in the right direction to stepping back in time sett with speed altering settings and the ability to check your score as you play. This kit provides you with all the tools you need to complete the game including variable resisters, circuit boards and wires. And to finish off the final product you only a soldering iron and wire cutters to get you on the road to old school gaming.
The Retro Arcade Game kit is £24.99 and is available from The Fowndry