Friday, 15 November 2013

My Top 50 Atari ST Games

These are in no particular order, obviously every list is entirely subjective and I’m not going to pretend that my list is anything like a “Definitive” Top 50 Atari ST games list, just the 50 games I remember most fondly - so really, for "My Top 50 Atari ST Games" read "My personal favourite 50 Atari ST games".  Also I realise that some of the games could easily represent more than one of the genres I’ve listed here, and some – like Hostages – are pretty much indefinable.  So some of the classifications are a little arbitrary as I had to put them somewhere!

Anyway, for those who like me owned an ST in their childhood and still remember it with much fondness, I hope you get a nice nostalgic feeling from looking down the list at some of the games you probably remember too.  Only a handful - Dynabusters+, Sleepwalker and Obsession - were STE-only, unless I'm much mistaken. 


Racing Games
·         Supersprint
·         Formula One Grand Prix
·         Stunt Car Racer
·         Supercars
·         Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
·         Enduro Racer


Sports Games
·         The Games: Summer Edition
·         Kick Off 2
·         Disc
·         Speedball 2
·         Player Manager
·         Passing Shot
·         World Class Rugby


Role-Playing Games
·         Dungeon Master
·         Pirates!
·         Hostages


Adventure Games
·         The Secret of Monkey Island
·         Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders


Shoot ‘em Ups
·         Xenon 2
·         Llammatron


Strategy Games
·         Populous
·         Carrier Command
·         Civilisation
·         Defender of the Crown
·         Mega Lo Mania
·         Millennium 2.2
·         Railroad Tycoon
·         North and South


Platformers
·         Sleepwalker
·         HERO 2
·         Rainbow Islands
·         Rick Dangerous
·         Rick Dangerous 2


Puzzle Games
·         Lemmings
·         Head Over Heels

Arcade Games
·         Rolling Thunder
·         IK+
·         Pang!
·         Switchblade
·         Turrican 2
·         Dynabusters+
·         Bio Challenge
·         Gauntlet 2
·         Skullduggery


Pinball Games
·         Obsession


3D Space Exploration / Combat / Trading
·         Elite
·         Elite 2: Frontier
·         Starglider 2


Breakout Games
·         Arkanoid




No comments:

Post a Comment