Never miss an Atari ST gaming video! Subscribe to this channel

Monday, 17 August 2009

Stormbringer - ZX Spectrum

A rather odd mixture of arcade-adventure and text-adventure (with a menu-based interface rather than a parser), a slightly incomprehensible plot (though I think it's a sequel to Magic Knight, which if I'd played it might have made this game make more sense), and as you can see from the screenshot, a penchant for killing you off very quickly for no apparent reason. (This was the third screen and I'd been playing for approximately 90 seconds!) The screenshot also nicely shows the dreaded colour clash for which the Speccy was famous.

Still, we all loved the Speccy at the time, and in our own unfathomable ways still do. By all accounts I remember this being a rather popular game though I never played it back then (that I can remember); this and a few other attempts at adventure games on the Spectrum from the time make me wonder how we ever managed to endure such cumbersome user interfaces. At any rate, I now appreciate my mouse more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment