Never miss an Atari ST gaming video! Subscribe to this channel

Sunday, 14 June 2009

Gran Turismo - Playstation 1

What do you say about the granddaddy of the modern career-based racing game and the highest-selling PS1 game of all time? (10.85 million units I think it was.)

Well... I say that it hasn't aged particularly well.

Fair enough, you still get a decent game in there and though the graphics look very old, the impression of speed as you whizz around the tracks is very good. I started out really enjoying it but quickly found it very repetitive. I think that my patience level with games is less than when I was younger, so that might be part of it, but the game soon lost its appeal.

One of the other games I got when I purchased a Playstation 1 plus controllers plus memory cards plus 9 games (all that for a fiver!) was Gran Tourismo 2... I wonder if that's aged any better? Will let you know soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment